How To Make A Fire Starter Using Stuff At Home
Learn how to make DIY Fire Starters for your fireplace, wood-burning stove or oven, or anyplace that you need to start a fire. Using items you already have at home you can make these fire starters simple and easy.
Items Needed To Make Fire Starters
- Toilet Paper Roll or
- Paper Towel Roll
- Dryer Lint
How To Make Fire Starters
- Take your toilet paper or paper towel rolls and start saving them for fire starters near your washer and dryer area. I place mine up above in the cabinet where I keep my washing detergent and other items needed for washing clothes.
- After you finish drying a load of laundry simply grab a cardboard roll and stuff the dryer lint inside. Typically, you will not fill up an entire toilet paper roll with one dryer lint cleanout. It takes me at least 3 full dryer cycles of lint to completely stuff the roll full.
- Keep any full rolls near your fireplace or stove for easy access.
- When starting a fire simply grab a DIY fire starter and use it in conjunction with or in place of your kindling or paper.
This is a super quick and easy way to reuse items you already have around your home and would typically throw away.
I would love to see your homesteading photos, videos, and read your comments. Join our Facebook group and let’s start chatting.
What is our Homesteading Farm Life YouTube channel all about? Find out here!
Get a quick walk around the main living area of our 40-acre homestead farm. Watch the video here!
Let’s Connect On YouTube
- Facebook Group: Homesteading Farm Life – Homesteading Cooperative
- Facebook Page: Homesteading Farm Life