What To Do To Your Woodlot In Early Winter
We just finished with the hustle and bustle of spring, summer, and fall. Now that early winter is upon us it is nice to have a break from those seemingly endless chores.
Most of our homestead is on auto piolet at this time of year. If you live in a frozen climate this gives us the perfect opportunity to focus on our woodlot.
Woodlot Chores For Early Winter
- Thin your woodlot area
- Prune and trees and bushes that you’re keeping
- Burn any debris but ensure the ground is wet when you do
- Cut down trees for next year’s firewood
- Harvest timber
- Create firewood and kindling to use in your stoves and fireplaces
Check out my Early Winter Homesteading Chore List to stay organized on your farm!
I would love to see your homesteading photos, videos, and read your comments. Join our Facebook group and let’s start chatting.
What is our Homesteading Farm Life YouTube channel all about? Find out here!
Get a quick walk around the main living area of our 40-acre homestead farm. Watch the video here!
Let’s Connect On YouTube
- Facebook Group: Homesteading Farm Life – Homesteading Cooperative
- Facebook Page: Homesteading Farm Life